Assualt weapons ban

  • John Conway
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2009

      An Act of War, 2009

          The Constitution of the United States of America contains a list of rights retained by the people.  We were not granted these rights by the “Founding Fathers.”  If we had been, it would be the “Bill of Privileges.”  You see, there is a big difference between a right and a privilege.  A privilege granted to you by another, can be taken away.  A right on the other hand cannot be taken away by another.  You are granted these rights as a result of being born into the human condition.  In other words these are granted to you by your creator.  Our rights are inalienable, which means that you can’t even give them away.

          This act of war concerns an attack on one of our rights.  An attack on your rights is an attack on you personally.  This concerns a grab by the government we set up to serve the States coming into our sovereign (freedom from outside influence) States to disarm the citizenry of the type of weapons we need to defend ourselves from the tyranny of the very entity disarming us.

          James Madison wrote the Bill of Rights.  Understand that we are not granted even one right by this Bill, These are rights we already had, he just wrote them down for us to present to this government.  Here is what this act told the government.  Go ahead and play government, but keep your greasy hands off of our rights.

          We have grown so complacent that we have even let one of government’s agencies define what “we” meant when we told them what our rights are.  The supreme (small case “s” in the Constitution) Court rule on the second Amendment—we’re defeated already.  We don’t need no stinking supreme anything to tell us what we meant!

          Wrong again Kemosabe.  All you need do is define the words we gave them and remind them that we are serious about not letting anyone or anything curtail one of our rights.  Let them know that this is one place that we draw a line in the sand.  Ladies and gentlemen, your second Amendment.

      “A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State , the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.”

           Because the Militia was done away with in 1903 when it became a reserve force for the Federal Army, we’ll concern ourselves with the part after the comma.  Here are the definitions we have taken from “Webster’s 1828 Dictionary,” which are the definitions in place when we signed this contract.

      Right: 2. “That to which one has a just claim. Specifically: (a) That which one has a natural claim to exact.”  There is the right I was talking about.

      People: 2. “The vulgar; the mass of illiterate persons.”  That’s me!

      Keep: 1. “To hold; to retain in one''s power or possession; not to lose or part with;”

      Bear: 6. “To possess or carry, as a mark of authority or distinction; to wear; as, to bear a sword, badge, or name.”  To display on the person.

      Arms: 4. “In law, arms are any thing which a man takes in his hand in anger, to strike or assault another.”  This isn’t butter knives and BB guns.

      Infringed: 2. “To break; to violate; to transgress; to neglect to fulfill or obey; as, to infringe a law.”  LAW!  You are the enforcer of this law!

          This is exactly what we meant when we submitted these rights to this government.  Our rights are our laws that they can not break just like ‘infringed’ means.  We are the governing authority here, not the transients that may occupy our government at any one time in history.  They are transients, our Constitution is not.

          We have to tell the transient parties and their politicians that they are temporary, and not our government.  They have to obey our Constitution.  They don’t get to make it up here.

      Citizen Conway