Pulling the Plug

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2009
      The Spendulus package, which according to stern-faced B.O. does not contain this pork, would provide $650 million for digital-TV coupons and $90 million to educate "vulnerable populations." You could save that whole pile of cash simply by pulling the plug on analog TV right now. Just pull the plug! You don't have to spend any money educating anyone, because the word will spread like wildfire. People aren't going to just sit home on their keisters staring at snow on a TV screen and not know what to do about it. And we really don't need to give out any coupons for converter boxes, because people will just go right out and buy themselves big-screen digital HD TVs. There'd be an immediate stimulus for Best Buy and other electronics retailers right there. When old technology is superseded, just let it die a natural death. After all, the new state-run medical system is going to pull the plug on our senior citizens. If we won't allow tax revenues to be used on heroic efforts to save old Aunt Hattie, why the hell should we use them to save ancient TV sets?

      Doug Harrison
      New Hope, Minnesota

      --- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! ---