Re: [RLC-Action] Re: Fw: Please help me promote the RLC 2009 Convention in Jacksonville

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 9, 2009
      Why do you guys want to avoid Facebook so badly? -- Nick

      I don't like the culture of it. The people are more socially gregarious than I ever was or ever want to be. Most of them are narcissists who count their worth by the number of "friends" they can recruit as electronic boinks. I've gotten invites to join Facebook from people I've never heard of before (in fact, I have never gotten an invite from anyone I actually know). Those people remind me of giddy Japanese school girls. "Ah so des ne. Giru giru ha ha ha. Take my peecha purease." Take for example this thing I just received today. Granted, it's not Facebook, but it is just like all the invites I've ever gotten (none of which I've ever responded to) from Facebook. Notice the "my ... my ... my ... my ..." tone of it all. Yuck!

      I want to add you as a friend in Grouply so you can see my profile with my pictures, my groups, and my favorite group messages.

      Here is the link: http://www.grouply.com/file_altered_to_prevent_curiousity_from_tempting_anyone.

      Lisa

      Block Grouply Invites | Mark as SPAM

      Click here to block all emails from Grouply, 495 Seaport Court, Suite 103, Redwood City, CA 94063.

      I also dislike the culture behind AOL.com -- just not my kind of people, with all oozing liberal puss like they tend to do. I don't like MeetUp either, because it is so less flexible than YahooGroups. I don't understand why people love it. YahooGroups has calendar notices, too, and you don't have to pay for an account. I really don't need anything but YahooGroups.

      P.S. I clicked block Grouply Invites, and the next time I get a Facebook invite, I'll look to see if I can block those as well.

      --- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! ---