Re: [RLC-Action] ...the RLC 2009 Convention in Jacksonville! WHO designed the logo?

  • Chris Edes
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2009
      I just want to know if they'll play disco music at the convention.  I was born in 1979 but I've heard about the 70's color schemes.  I like lime green, actually, but I'm a bit wary of the avocado color.

      Chris

      Wow! Thanks for posting that picture. I'd say someone was inspired by the Texas original, but executed it badly. When I stop trying to see an elephant on a hill, I see a pig-eared alien with spikes on his back. He's even a little green man. Ha! Very amusing, except for it being all too "porky pork barrel" for me. I am not fond of the sunburst background either. As a Vietnam vet and former Chinese linguist working on the PRC problem, that is just too reminiscent of communist propaganda posters for me. But, maybe I'm the only one.

      I was able to see his logo from the link he provided to the store. What I don't have is a link to the allegedly pilfered logo, because I don't do Facebook and they want me to register in order to get to the link. Can you provide both in one e-mail by right clicking the images, then clicking "Copy image," followed by a paste to an e-mail? That would sure save everybody a lot of dinking around, and they'd both be side by side for comparison purposes. I got you started ....

      michael franks wrote:

      Ok, I JUST saw the logo for the event. WHO designed this?
      Minus the Texas flag in the background, this looks ALOT like the
      elephant/hill concept in my company logo that someone just copied!!!

      www.TexasGOPstore.com <http://www.TexasGOPstore.com>

      Michael, I don't think that logo is for the RLC convention.  It's for the
      GOP of Texas merchandise store, so the RLC probably has no idea
      what it is or where it came from.  But just for yucks, as a graphic
      designer I'd be glad to compare.  What's the URL for your company
      logo?

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          mailto:RLC-Action-digest@yahoogroups.com
          mailto:RLC-Action-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      .

      --- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! ---

      --- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! ---