Let's term limit congress!

  • George Blumel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2009

      While working Americans are struggling with their budgets, just today, this greedy congress added $90,000 to their $1,200,000 annual expense allowances!!!

      This month they gave themselves a $4,700to $174,000 raise for 2009! Plus mucho benefits that most of can only dream about.  Career politicians do not have our best interests in mind –their careers come first.  Congress’ approval rating is 9% but they get reelected 95% because we have no choice as the advantages of incumbency are overwhelming so they have become our rulers, instead of servants. Please follow-through, it just takes a minute.  We need to get back to a citizen-legislature as the Founders intended.  -Thanx,  Geo.

                                                                                                                               For more, check out Phil’s blog:  http://pblumel.blogspot.com/

      From the president of US Term Limits:

      Despite what you may have read in the newspaper or seen on TV, a vast majority of members of Congress were reelected:

      95 percent of incumbents who stood for reelection were sent back to Washington .

      "To prevent every danger which might arise to American freedom from continuing too long in office, it is earnestly recommended

       that we set an obligation on the holder of that office to go out after a certain period." -- Thomas Jefferson.

      Please sign our online petition in support of term limits for Congress right away: www.termlimits.org

      And please forward this email to every one you know who cares about limited government and fair elections.

      According to a recent poll we commissioned, 83 percent of Americans support term limits.  Taxpayers are sick and tired of the same gang

       of these crooks rigging elections and remaining in office year after year.

      No more bailout payoffs to the unions.  No more pork-barrel earmarks for campaign contributors.  The time for term limits is NOW.

      In a few months we hope to introduce a term limits bill in the House of Representatives.  We are going to force the career politicians to

      vote up or down on term limits.  Either stand with the people and pass a term limits measure for Congress . . . or stand against the 83%  of Americans who want real change in Washington !

      Please sign our petition right away.  I need hundreds of thousands of signed petitions to prove to the career politicians that Americans are serious about term limits.

      And please urge everyone you know to sign the petition as well!     Sign on at:      www.termlimits.org

                             Sincerely,

                           Phil Blumel

                           President ,  US Term Limits

      ###

      U.S Term Limits is a non-partisan, non-profit advocacy organization that works to promote term limits at all levels of government.
      For more information or to arrange an interview, please call Ray Wotring at 703-383-0907. U.S. Term Limits is a nonprofit501 (c) (4).
      It is located at 9900 Main Street, Suite 303 Fairfax , VA 22031 info@...

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 27, 2009
        The problem is that, while 9 out of 10 Americans agree that Congress is just a bunch of bastards, 9 out of 10 of them don't care if their bastard is good at bringing home more of the tax booty than the other bastards get. "Yes," they say, "he's a bastard --- but he's OUR bastard."

        The overall approval rating is not as useful as, say, approval ratings for each congressman and senator, with rankings by constituents for their own representatives and by non constituents for each of the other representatives. Of course, demographics would be instructive as well, such as party affiliation, age, gender, occupation, voter status, etc. Zogby ought to run one of those, though I'm sure there needs to be a sponsor to pay for it.

        --- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! ---