Re: [RLC-Action] Re: RNC Chairman

  • David Johnson
    Message 1 of 38 , Jan 26, 2009
      On Monday 26 January 2009 01:09:23 am DGHarrison wrote:
      > I had hoped that we rank and file members might be allowed to express a
      > consensus on who we want to lead our party -- but then, perhaps it never
      > really was our party.

      This is the classic libertarian failing: trying to trickle down from the top.
      We can't get a libertarian RNC chairman without first having a significant
      number of county and state GOP chairmen. We need to trickle up. We are doing a
      bit in this direction, but it is a long term task. We need to learn who are
      the fair-weather fiscal conservatives and who are the real free marketers, and
      then support the latter at all levels of the GOP organizations.

      David
    • David Johnson
      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 26, 2009