RE: [RLC-Action] Re: RNC Chairman

  • George Blumel
    Message 1 of 38 , Jan 18, 2009

      Be honest,  I never said that we should endorse someone just for the sake of endorsing someone.  Also, if it is hard for you to find conservatives in the Republican Party you must not have looked –check out the Republican Study Committee and if you don’t find any there, then check you definitions.  There are both conservatives and libertarians in the RSC.  The RSC, The Club For Growth and hopefully soon, the RLC are our best hope for the future.  –Geo.

      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 26, 2009
        On Monday 26 January 2009 01:09:23 am DGHarrison wrote:
        > I had hoped that we rank and file members might be allowed to express a
        > consensus on who we want to lead our party -- but then, perhaps it never
        > really was our party.

        This is the classic libertarian failing: trying to trickle down from the top.
        We can't get a libertarian RNC chairman without first having a significant
        number of county and state GOP chairmen. We need to trickle up. We are doing a
        bit in this direction, but it is a long term task. We need to learn who are
        the fair-weather fiscal conservatives and who are the real free marketers, and
        then support the latter at all levels of the GOP organizations.

        David