RE: [RLC-Action] RNC Chairman

  • George Blumel
    Message 1 of 38 , Jan 18, 2009

      The party is us. We have to influence as many as we can to our view on the issues.  We have to be persuasive and by choosing to support the candidate who most closely represents our views –the key items you listed are fair enough-- we will have influence.  If you see the party “wavering” you mean that we haven’t doen enough to have our views dominate.  –Geo.

      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 26, 2009
        On Monday 26 January 2009 01:09:23 am DGHarrison wrote:
        > I had hoped that we rank and file members might be allowed to express a
        > consensus on who we want to lead our party -- but then, perhaps it never
        > really was our party.

        This is the classic libertarian failing: trying to trickle down from the top.
        We can't get a libertarian RNC chairman without first having a significant
        number of county and state GOP chairmen. We need to trickle up. We are doing a
        bit in this direction, but it is a long term task. We need to learn who are
        the fair-weather fiscal conservatives and who are the real free marketers, and
        then support the latter at all levels of the GOP organizations.

        David