Re: [RLC-Action] Re: RNC Chairman

  • Nicholas Finzer
    Message 1 of 38 , Jan 16, 2009
      His organization (the Campaign for Liberty) is for promoting
      libertarianism in any and all parties, including the GOP. The RLC
      already exists to promote libertarianism within the Republican Party.
      Many of us are involved in both.

      And I do not believe he has perverted personal liberty in any way,
      shape, or form- even if some of his followers may be fanatics and
      paranoid conspiracy theorists.

      Nick

      On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 12:01 AM, DGHarrison <DGHarrison@...> wrote:
      > I wasn't aware of his organization, but then, did he leave the GOP or did
      > the GOP send him packing?
      >
      > DGHarrison wrote:
      >
      > Wasn't it more of a snub than an insult?
      >
      > To be fair, there are a lot of libertarian Republicans who are not
      > pleased with Ron Paul and feel that he's been working to undermine their
      > efforts to move the GOP in a more libertarian direction.
      >
      > Dave
      >

      > I'd sure like to hear the justification for that charge.
      >

      > It's not a charge, it's an obvious observation. He's created a separate
      > organization
      > unaffiliated with the GOP which is working to raise money and produce
      > candidates
      > in competition with the Republican party, and is based on promoting a
      > perverted
      > variant of libertarianism in which the belief in many aspects of
      > individual liberty has
      > been replaced with nativism, conspiracy paranoia and fanaticism.
      >
      > Dave
    • David Johnson
      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 26, 2009
        On Monday 26 January 2009 01:09:23 am DGHarrison wrote:
        > I had hoped that we rank and file members might be allowed to express a
        > consensus on who we want to lead our party -- but then, perhaps it never
        > really was our party.

        This is the classic libertarian failing: trying to trickle down from the top.
        We can't get a libertarian RNC chairman without first having a significant
        number of county and state GOP chairmen. We need to trickle up. We are doing a
        bit in this direction, but it is a long term task. We need to learn who are
        the fair-weather fiscal conservatives and who are the real free marketers, and
        then support the latter at all levels of the GOP organizations.

        David