Re: [RLC-Action] Re: RNC Chairman

    Message 1 of 38 , Jan 16, 2009
      Wasn't it more of a snub than an insult?

      To be fair, there are a lot of libertarian Republicans who are not
      pleased with Ron Paul and feel that he's been working to undermine their
      efforts to move the GOP in a more libertarian direction.

      Dave
    • David Johnson
      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 26, 2009
        On Monday 26 January 2009 01:09:23 am DGHarrison wrote:
        > I had hoped that we rank and file members might be allowed to express a
        > consensus on who we want to lead our party -- but then, perhaps it never
        > really was our party.

        This is the classic libertarian failing: trying to trickle down from the top.
        We can't get a libertarian RNC chairman without first having a significant
        number of county and state GOP chairmen. We need to trickle up. We are doing a
        bit in this direction, but it is a long term task. We need to learn who are
        the fair-weather fiscal conservatives and who are the real free marketers, and
        then support the latter at all levels of the GOP organizations.

        David