RE: [RLC-Action] Re: RNC Chairman

  • George Blumel
    Message 1 of 38 , Jan 16, 2009

      Bill: Please advise how Ken Blackwell insulted Ron Paul during the campaign.  While I agree that we should stick to principles over personalities I think it goes too far to impugn one personality for not favoring your favored personality without even explaining how or why.  I have known him for some time and in all of my experience with him Ken Blackwell has always been a man of principle and a gentleman –if you are going to demean his character, please be specific. I have never heard or read of him insulting anyone, until now.  -Geo

      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 26, 2009
        On Monday 26 January 2009 01:09:23 am DGHarrison wrote:
        > I had hoped that we rank and file members might be allowed to express a
        > consensus on who we want to lead our party -- but then, perhaps it never
        > really was our party.

        This is the classic libertarian failing: trying to trickle down from the top.
        We can't get a libertarian RNC chairman without first having a significant
        number of county and state GOP chairmen. We need to trickle up. We are doing a
        bit in this direction, but it is a long term task. We need to learn who are
        the fair-weather fiscal conservatives and who are the real free marketers, and
        then support the latter at all levels of the GOP organizations.

        David