RE: [RLC-Action] Re: RNC Chairman

  • Laura Ebke
    Message 1 of 38 , Jan 16, 2009

      For what it’s worth from Nebraska,

      I agree that RLC would be best served by welcoming the new Chair after-the-fact.  I’ve also been told by a friend in Michigan that Anuzis went out of his way (after the initial dustup) to meet with Ron Paul groups in Michigan and try to bring them into the process.

      That being said, it seems to me that a “negative endorsement” just hurts the organization.  If there’s no definitive preference for one candidate or the other, silence makes sense.  A negative endorsement—if that person were to end up winning in spite of it—would just hurt the organization.

      Laura Ebke

      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 26, 2009
        On Monday 26 January 2009 01:09:23 am DGHarrison wrote:
        > I had hoped that we rank and file members might be allowed to express a
        > consensus on who we want to lead our party -- but then, perhaps it never
        > really was our party.

        This is the classic libertarian failing: trying to trickle down from the top.
        We can't get a libertarian RNC chairman without first having a significant
        number of county and state GOP chairmen. We need to trickle up. We are doing a
        bit in this direction, but it is a long term task. We need to learn who are
        the fair-weather fiscal conservatives and who are the real free marketers, and
        then support the latter at all levels of the GOP organizations.

        David