Re: RNC Chairman

    Message 1 of 38 , Jan 16, 2009
      Posted by: "George Blumel"
      > ... Ken Blackwell is fine man and deserves our support ...

      Saul Anuzis has been a member of the RLCMI eGroup for some time and agreed to participate in one of the events for our canceled 2008 RLC convention in Detroit. But, some of our members don't consider him particularly competent (at least in Michigan).
      Both Blackwell and Anuzis went out of their way to insult Ron Paul during the campaign, so I'm not sure that endorsing either of them would win us any friends among Paul supporters.
      When Ron Paul was mentioned during the Chair Debate hosted by Grover, they all expressed a desire to include his supporters in the party.
      The best approach, for the RLC itself, might be a letter welcoming the new Chairman after-the-fact.

      Bill

    • David Johnson
      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 26, 2009
        On Monday 26 January 2009 01:09:23 am DGHarrison wrote:
        > I had hoped that we rank and file members might be allowed to express a
        > consensus on who we want to lead our party -- but then, perhaps it never
        > really was our party.

        This is the classic libertarian failing: trying to trickle down from the top.
        We can't get a libertarian RNC chairman without first having a significant
        number of county and state GOP chairmen. We need to trickle up. We are doing a
        bit in this direction, but it is a long term task. We need to learn who are
        the fair-weather fiscal conservatives and who are the real free marketers, and
        then support the latter at all levels of the GOP organizations.

        David