RE: [RLC-Action] Re: RNC Chairman

  • Randy Kleine
    Message 1 of 38 , Jan 14, 2009
      Hi, group, and Happy New Year!

      Ken is from Cincinnati, so we've gotten to know him pretty well over the years. As George says, he is a fine Christian gentleman: well-spoken, gentle, humble, and consistent. For a couple of years we produced a weekend evening public affairs interview/call-in radio talk show, and Ken was generous with his time at our fund-raiser. Several years ago Ken was the only "conservative" panelist at the annual "State of the Black Union"--he very politely withstood the jeers and taunts from the assembled multitude while making nearly the only sensible comments of the day. Every position he has held in local, state, and national government has been filled with dignity and poise. Therefore, I say, "Go, Ken go!"

      Best regards to all,

      Randy Kleine, Milford, OH

      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 26, 2009
        On Monday 26 January 2009 01:09:23 am DGHarrison wrote:
        > I had hoped that we rank and file members might be allowed to express a
        > consensus on who we want to lead our party -- but then, perhaps it never
        > really was our party.

        This is the classic libertarian failing: trying to trickle down from the top.
        We can't get a libertarian RNC chairman without first having a significant
        number of county and state GOP chairmen. We need to trickle up. We are doing a
        bit in this direction, but it is a long term task. We need to learn who are
        the fair-weather fiscal conservatives and who are the real free marketers, and
        then support the latter at all levels of the GOP organizations.

        David