RE: [RLC-Action] Re: RNC Chairman

  • George Blumel
    Message 1 of 38 , Jan 14, 2009

      Dave, get serious. Eagle Forum is a conservative group that we agree with on more than half of the serious issues we work on over time. Because they are ignorant of economic issues accounts for the big difference –they tend to be protectionist.  To be so doctrinaire to be apposed to a group 100% because you disagree on a particular issue is counter-productive. We need to build coalitions on issues –one by one. They will support us on certain issues –don’t blow them off. We’ll continue to try and educate them on our principles.  Ken Blackwell is fine man and deserves our support even if some group you don’t like on certain issues supports him.  –Geo.

      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 26, 2009
        On Monday 26 January 2009 01:09:23 am DGHarrison wrote:
        > I had hoped that we rank and file members might be allowed to express a
        > consensus on who we want to lead our party -- but then, perhaps it never
        > really was our party.

        This is the classic libertarian failing: trying to trickle down from the top.
        We can't get a libertarian RNC chairman without first having a significant
        number of county and state GOP chairmen. We need to trickle up. We are doing a
        bit in this direction, but it is a long term task. We need to learn who are
        the fair-weather fiscal conservatives and who are the real free marketers, and
        then support the latter at all levels of the GOP organizations.

        David