RE: [RLC-Action] Re: RNC Chairman

  • David Baumgardner
    Message 1 of 38 , Jan 14, 2009
      Dave,

      I was there also, and I thought he gave an excellent speech.  The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend; and the friend of my enemy is not necessarily my enemy.  Although I would prefer someone who will prefer our caucus, I think we should look for the person most open to work with us.  Wasn't it you who wrote we should follow the 80% rule?

      Dave Baumgardner

      To: RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com
      From: graball@...
      Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:32:09 -0600
      Subject: Re: [RLC-Action] Re: RNC Chairman

      Have we considered a negative endorsement?

      I had thought Ken Blackwell was acceptable having heard a very good
      speech from him at the AFP conference in DC, but he just received the
      endorsement of Eagle Forum, and IMO anyone they endorse we should openly
      condemn as a matter of principle.

      Dave

      Windows Liveā„¢: Keep your life in sync. See how it works.
    • David Johnson
      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 26, 2009
        On Monday 26 January 2009 01:09:23 am DGHarrison wrote:
        > I had hoped that we rank and file members might be allowed to express a
        > consensus on who we want to lead our party -- but then, perhaps it never
        > really was our party.

        This is the classic libertarian failing: trying to trickle down from the top.
        We can't get a libertarian RNC chairman without first having a significant
        number of county and state GOP chairmen. We need to trickle up. We are doing a
        bit in this direction, but it is a long term task. We need to learn who are
        the fair-weather fiscal conservatives and who are the real free marketers, and
        then support the latter at all levels of the GOP organizations.

        David