RE: [RLC-Action] RNC Chairman

  • michael franks
    Message 1 of 38 , Jan 13, 2009
      Well, one who in the past hasn't been too friendly to RLC /RP type Republicans shouldn't be there obviously.   Those who have known to "give the shaft" too and try to "shut out" RP people shouldn't either.   There are a few running who have done so!

      It seems that this Dawson guy is picking up steam?

      Saul in Michigan is the idiot who embarrased himself by trying to shut RP out of the debates up there, then later had to recant.  (so he doesn't seem to "welcoming" to bringing NEW people into the party, but more getting rid of them)

      Blackwell guy has tied himself to Texas party chair in some form of a "co-chair" position?    ..whatever or however that would work?

      Here, they dont only try and "shut out" RP people, but normal republicans too as they did in 06 and 04. Even other devout Christan pro-life conservatives are "given the shaft" if they are not apart of THEIR "power structure" click.    Just ask Gine Parker who "dared" try and run for party chair a few years ago. They tried to DEMONIZE the poor girl to win.       So it's not even about ideology (in which they will sayyyy it is) its just about power and these few handful of people not wanting to give up control of the party mechanism to anyone else..even those with the exact SAME ideology on the issues on the Christian right.      Just is kind of wild to watch it.

      So some of the RP people think it was just targeted towards them in 08 here in Texas, but the "power struggle" took place in 06 and especially in 04 as well when Gina Parker ran for party chair and lost.

      fun fun....

      To: RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com
      From: DGHarrison@...
      Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 13:42:33 -0600
      Subject: [RLC-Action] RNC Chairman

      What is the RLC doing to influence the outcome of the pending election of the next RNC chairman? Who would the RLC like to see take the gavel at the top of the party? What, if anything, can we bottom of the trenchers do to help put the gavel in the best candidate's hand?

      --- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! ---

    • David Johnson
      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 26, 2009
        On Monday 26 January 2009 01:09:23 am DGHarrison wrote:
        > I had hoped that we rank and file members might be allowed to express a
        > consensus on who we want to lead our party -- but then, perhaps it never
        > really was our party.

        This is the classic libertarian failing: trying to trickle down from the top.
        We can't get a libertarian RNC chairman without first having a significant
        number of county and state GOP chairmen. We need to trickle up. We are doing a
        bit in this direction, but it is a long term task. We need to learn who are
        the fair-weather fiscal conservatives and who are the real free marketers, and
        then support the latter at all levels of the GOP organizations.

        David