RNC Chairman

    Message 1 of 38 , Jan 13, 2009
      What is the RLC doing to influence the outcome of the pending election of the next RNC chairman? Who would the RLC like to see take the gavel at the top of the party? What, if anything, can we bottom of the trenchers do to help put the gavel in the best candidate's hand?

      --- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! ---

    • David Johnson
      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 26, 2009
        On Monday 26 January 2009 01:09:23 am DGHarrison wrote:
        > I had hoped that we rank and file members might be allowed to express a
        > consensus on who we want to lead our party -- but then, perhaps it never
        > really was our party.

        This is the classic libertarian failing: trying to trickle down from the top.
        We can't get a libertarian RNC chairman without first having a significant
        number of county and state GOP chairmen. We need to trickle up. We are doing a
        bit in this direction, but it is a long term task. We need to learn who are
        the fair-weather fiscal conservatives and who are the real free marketers, and
        then support the latter at all levels of the GOP organizations.

        David