Must Read: YR Push Internet Organizing Priority

  • Steve Redlich
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2008
      http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/11/young_republicans
      _push_interne.php

      A long but must read article details some of the successful internet
      strategies of the Obama campaign and a plan to replicate them within
      the GOP.

      Note they ignore the lack of energy and minimal support for the McCain
      campaign from day 1 and still treat us [Ron Paul Supporters] as the
      enemy, but we need to carry some of these ideas into the RLC web
      infrastructure. They also ignore the blatant bias of the state media
      against non-establishmen candidates.

      Most important E-strategy: Everywhere we go, anyone we talk to who is
      interested in our message of limited govenment and personal liberty,
      everyone who attends events, we must collect email addresses and get
      them added to the RLC's database.

      Thanks,
      Steve

      [Hat Tip: Stephen Frank]
      http://www.capoliticalnews.com/s/spip.php?article1008
    • rlcmcallen
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 11, 2008
        Are the YRs really so dense as to not understand that it was a lack of
        message that translated into defeat? I could see from day one that
        McCain was this year's Bob Dole. Every few years the two parties take
        turns running a fall guy and the other side takes over. The other side
        of the public thinks they've thrown the bums out, and the ship of
        state goes sailing straight ahead. Just like Carroll Quigley wrote in
        his book.

        They should take Ron Paul as a model rather than Obama, but maybe they
        didn't because they're more like Obama than Ron Paul.