RE: [RLC-Action] Re: Relieved, no Detroit. RLC seems moribund.

  • George Blumel
    Message 1 of 25 , Aug 12, 2008

      Thank you for taking he time to explain those statements. I’ll buy into your sovereignty idea alright. But as for the price of oil affecting the value of the dollar, no. The dollar’s value is a function of the money supply, not the oil supply.  Much of the increase in the price of oil is, in fact, due to the Fed’s monetary policy –they flooded the world with dollars, causing the inflation which is more obvious in the oil price due to congress’ limitations on supply and the fact that oil is priced in dollars.