Time Magazine - July 28th Issue, Page 4

  • Guy McLendon
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2008

      Everyone,

      Time Magazine Managing Editor Richard Stengel announced “Time is helping to lead a major push to make national service a priority in Washington ”, and they are targeting to enact legislation by September 11, 2009.

      Here’s the website they put up:

      www.servicenation.org …and with a little digging, it leads you to this:

      http://www.bethechangeinc.org/servicenation/about_us/vision

      Here’s my interpretation … call it speculation for a brief moment:  The mainstream media has just announced their support for a propaganda campaign that will eventually lead to onerous legislation such as the “Universal Service Act of 2003”, which would require ALL graduating high school seniors, both male and female, to spend 2 years of their life being subjected to involuntary servitude.  In fact, the “vision” statement on the website above nearly spells out such an intention.  For those who have not read the Universal Service Act of 2003, here’s the Senate version:

      http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c108:S.89:

      If there was ever a clearer violation of the US Constitution’s 13th amendment that prohibits human involuntary servitude, the “Universal Service Act of 2009” would be it.

      Imagine your own son or daughter being subjected to obligatory, even military combat, service for two years of their life—two wasted years that could have been spent in college, but potentially spent in the Middle East attempting to sort friend from foe.  Imagine your own children being taken for government “service”, and that potential reality may put the specter of tyranny in perspective.  This new propaganda program, in my opinion, heralds a move towards reinstatement of a military draft directed to support a new escalation of military action in the Middle East .

      This is a red-alert call to mobilize for action.  In my way of thinking, the Establishment is about to cross the line …

      Sincerely,

      Guy McLendon

      Chair Harris County Libertarian Party

      Houston, Texas