Organize, watch the film "I.O.U.S.A." at your local theater

  • Vince
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2008
      BIG OPPORTUNITY TO RECRUIT MORE MEMBERS! Thursday August 21st, mark your calendars. Bring flyers promoting the RLC!

      Find a theater near you:
      http://www.iousathemovie.com/events/listings/

      Here's our description of the event from our Meetup site:

      This is a meetup that EVERYBODY should attend! It's a movie meetup! This is a great chance for us to hang out and meet and recruit like-minded people for the Lee County RLC.

      This is an exclusive, one-night event in select movie theaters nationwide. This event will include the critically-acclaimed documentary, I.O.U.S.A., and a LIVE discussion about America's economic crisis and what we can do to change course.

      The film, "I.O.U.S.A.", boldly examines the rapidly growing national debt and its consequences for the United States and its citizens. Burdened with an ever-expanding government and military, increased international competition, overextended entitlement programs, and debts to foreign countries that are becoming impossible to honor, America must mend its spendthrift ways or face an economic disaster of epic proportions.

      Watch the trailer for I.O.U.S.A.:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBo2xQIWHiM

      After the film, the speakers for the live discussion will include: Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway; William Niskanen, chairman of the CATO Institute; Bill Novelli, CEO of AARP; Pete Peterson, senior chairman of The Blackstone Group and chairman of the Peter G. Peterson Foundation; and Dave Walker, president & CEO of the Peter G. Peterson Foundation and former U.S. Comptroller General.

      For more information, visit:

      iousathemovie.com

      Tickets are $12.50, available at the Bell Tower box office. Bring a friend, mark your calendars, this is a great opportunity for us!