Arbitrary laws

  • John Conway
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2008

      (Chiming in on the drug discussion in one of my groups.)

          Now that you have all had your say (your opinion) about the legalization of drugs, chew on this one:
          We all talk about the return of our Constitutional government.  Guess what, the Constitutional government has never been given the powers to pass sweeping laws and form agencies to enforce them.  There is no such thing as a Federal drug law.  The Seat doesn't have the authority to make one.
          It doesn't matter how you feel about any of these so called illegal substances.  You can shout from the roof tops or the pulpit about your opinion.  You cannot use force to make me comply with your opinions, and neither can the Federal Government.  We actually forbade the government from doing this very thing.  We told it in writing that it could make laws to bring forth the duties stated in Article I section 8, but it was limited to the ten square miles of the seat to pass any others.
          There is no such thing as Federal laws governing our personal preferences.  If it wasn't drugs, they would use something else to exercise control over us.  Legalize, smeagleize, your opinion does not matter.  What matters is that we gain some semblance of control over this over blown bunch of law breakers.  It is operating illegally, and we want to discuss it?
           When you can be prosecuted and incarcerated without a victim of your actions, it is the very definition of slavery.

      "If the price I must pay for my freedom is to acknowledge that the government was granted the power to infringe on them, then I am not free."  Pol Anderson

      "The worst forms of tyranny, or certainly the most successful ones, are not those we rail against but those that so insulate themselves into the imagery of our consciousness, and the fabric of our lives, as not to be perceived as tyranny."  Michael Parenti

          Thomas Jefferson told us that not even God could save a man from his addictions.  I guess the Federal Government didn't get the message.  Drug laws are but invisible chains on the fickle peasants.

      In Liberty,
      John Conway

      Republican Liberty Caucus
      "Pursuing libertarianism within the GOP since 1990"

      Meetup Support: support@...
      632 Broadway, New York, NY 10012 USA

      Jamie Wynacht, PGA

      You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom for evil; rather, serve one another humbly in love.

      Galatians 5:13