Re: [RLC-Action] Brochures

  • David Johnson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 11, 2008
      On Friday 11 July 2008 09:58:21 pm Dave Nalle wrote:
      > Time to invest in a color laser printer. Office Depot sells them at
      > discount
      > periodically. I'd recommend the Okidata 3xxx or 5xxx series. They use 5
      > color toner and do beautiful color prints for about 5 cents a page. They
      > cost about $300 on sale, but it's well worth the investment.

      That's a really good idea. I would have to check what the cost per page is in
      the long run, considering toner replacement and paper, but I it's cheaper
      than Kinkos or VistaPrint for small runs. I'll have to think about it.

      p.s. Or there is the possibility of doing a really big run, and splitting the
      cost. Anyone out there interested in chipping in for a big run of brochures?
      Email me off list. If there's enough interest I might consider it.

      --
      David Johnson
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 12, 2008
        Posted by: "David Johnson"
        > That's a really good idea ...

            If you're only doing small runs, but insist on color,
        you can get a color inkjet for $50. Of course, the color
        ink can run $50 and might get you 250-500 copies.
            Note that National (email me) has several RLC
        brochures that can be modified with local info and
        printed on your PC as required.

        > Or there is the possibility of doing a really big run ...
            I've considered asking National to do a big run of
        our standard brochures. The problem is that shipping
        costs can easily exceed local printing costs ... and
        you'd have to reprint local info (or get a rubber stamp).