Re: [RLC-Action] Brochures

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 11, 2008
      >>I came up with a localized RLC brochure for our meetup, and went down to
      Kinkos to see about printing up 500 trifolds. OMG! The price was around a
      dollar a copy for color. The folding cost was only 3 cents a copy, so the
      majority of the price was color and paper. Even B&W is around 25 cents a
      copy.<<

      Time to invest in a color laser printer. Office Depot sells them at
      discount
      periodically. I'd recommend the Okidata 3xxx or 5xxx series. They use 5
      color toner and do beautiful color prints for about 5 cents a page. They
      cost about $300 on sale, but it's well worth the investment.

      Dave
    • David Johnson
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 11, 2008
        On Friday 11 July 2008 09:58:21 pm Dave Nalle wrote:
        > Time to invest in a color laser printer. Office Depot sells them at
        > discount
        > periodically. I'd recommend the Okidata 3xxx or 5xxx series. They use 5
        > color toner and do beautiful color prints for about 5 cents a page. They
        > cost about $300 on sale, but it's well worth the investment.

        That's a really good idea. I would have to check what the cost per page is in
        the long run, considering toner replacement and paper, but I it's cheaper
        than Kinkos or VistaPrint for small runs. I'll have to think about it.

        p.s. Or there is the possibility of doing a really big run, and splitting the
        cost. Anyone out there interested in chipping in for a big run of brochures?
        Email me off list. If there's enough interest I might consider it.

        --
        David Johnson
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 12, 2008
          Posted by: "David Johnson"
          > That's a really good idea ...

              If you're only doing small runs, but insist on color,
          you can get a color inkjet for $50. Of course, the color
          ink can run $50 and might get you 250-500 copies.
              Note that National (email me) has several RLC
          brochures that can be modified with local info and
          printed on your PC as required.

          > Or there is the possibility of doing a really big run ...
              I've considered asking National to do a big run of
          our standard brochures. The problem is that shipping
          costs can easily exceed local printing costs ... and
          you'd have to reprint local info (or get a rubber stamp).