Re: [RLC-Action] Brochures

  • David Johnson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 11, 2008
      On Friday 11 July 2008 02:32:03 pm Mark Cross EA wrote:
      > Try www.vistaprint.com

      Hmmm, cheaper, but still higher than what I was expecting. I'll have to
      solicit donations if I want to do this. It's way out of my personal budget.

      --
      David Johnson
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 11, 2008
        >>I came up with a localized RLC brochure for our meetup, and went down to
        Kinkos to see about printing up 500 trifolds. OMG! The price was around a
        dollar a copy for color. The folding cost was only 3 cents a copy, so the
        majority of the price was color and paper. Even B&W is around 25 cents a
        copy.<<

        Time to invest in a color laser printer. Office Depot sells them at
        discount
        periodically. I'd recommend the Okidata 3xxx or 5xxx series. They use 5
        color toner and do beautiful color prints for about 5 cents a page. They
        cost about $300 on sale, but it's well worth the investment.

        Dave
      • David Johnson
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 11, 2008
          On Friday 11 July 2008 09:58:21 pm Dave Nalle wrote:
          > Time to invest in a color laser printer. Office Depot sells them at
          > discount
          > periodically. I'd recommend the Okidata 3xxx or 5xxx series. They use 5
          > color toner and do beautiful color prints for about 5 cents a page. They
          > cost about $300 on sale, but it's well worth the investment.

          That's a really good idea. I would have to check what the cost per page is in
          the long run, considering toner replacement and paper, but I it's cheaper
          than Kinkos or VistaPrint for small runs. I'll have to think about it.

          p.s. Or there is the possibility of doing a really big run, and splitting the
          cost. Anyone out there interested in chipping in for a big run of brochures?
          Email me off list. If there's enough interest I might consider it.

          --
          David Johnson
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 12, 2008
            Posted by: "David Johnson"
            > That's a really good idea ...

                If you're only doing small runs, but insist on color,
            you can get a color inkjet for $50. Of course, the color
            ink can run $50 and might get you 250-500 copies.
                Note that National (email me) has several RLC
            brochures that can be modified with local info and
            printed on your PC as required.

            > Or there is the possibility of doing a really big run ...
                I've considered asking National to do a big run of
            our standard brochures. The problem is that shipping
            costs can easily exceed local printing costs ... and
            you'd have to reprint local info (or get a rubber stamp).