Re: [RLC-Action] California Medical Insurance Plan

  • F Worley
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 6, 2005
      John,

      Right now it is only being floated so details are not forthcoming.    I could not find the original article I had read, I think it was on Drudge, but I went back and couldn't find it.  In the original article it said that Gov. Arnold had publicly supported the idea, but this article which is from January, says that Arnold opposed the idea.

      This article also does not paint it the way the other article did as being Mandatory for all citizens, instead it looks like it was written by someone who likes the idea.  If I find the article I origenally saw, I'll post the link as well.

      Frank

      John David Galt <jdg@...> wrote:
      F Worley wrote:
      > The plan is to "Require" by law that all citizens of California carry
      > health insurance, along the same lines as required vehicle insurance.

    • F Worley
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 6, 2005

        Here is another article that explains the plan I'm concerned about.

        http://www.sacbee.com/content/politics/story/12013883p-12884334c.html

        Frank

        www.frankworley.com

      • Douglas Lorenz
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 6, 2005

          I commented on this piece of legislation on my website back on January 20th

          http://www.douglorenz.com/index.php/Perspectives/sen_don_perata_what_me_worry/

          California voters killed the previous attempt to do this very thing with a referendum.  I can’t imagine that Schwarzenegger would sign something like this…

             Doug