RE: [SPAM] [RLC-Action] Re: Put Your $$ Where Your Mouth Is ...

  • George Blumel
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 15, 2008

      Louis is right, of course.  Guy says Barr is a “viable” candidate. Guy needs a dictionary and some thoughtful reflection. As bad as the Repub candidate is in many important ways, Obama is infinitely worse for the Republic –and it is the Republic that we must work to preserve. As for Barr, if you just reported his conservative votes over the years, he would look good. But, his subsequent work with the ACLU against the Homeland Security is appalling.  Barr, like other notable pols, voted for it before he decided to be against it. He authored the Defense of Marriage Act and now, on the ACLU payroll, he opposes the Federal Marriage Amendment.  Talk about Jeremiah Wright damning America –ACLU was there first.  I’m sure that there are other good reasons to oppose Barr as there certainly are reasons to oppose the other two candidates. But think about the Republic –what does a vote for Barr accomplish?  It would probably help Obama, right?  As bad as McCain is, he will have some solid people around him and that may help us get through his four years by which time we can regroup and recover. Would we recover from an Obama + Dem House and Senate?   Surely not without a lot more damage.

      Here’s a plan: hold your nose and vote for McCain. But work hard for good libertarian/conservative candidates for congress –we have quite a few opportunities including a good one in my district, Allen West (#22 FL).  Check out the www.clubforgrowth.org for the others.  –Geo.