Re: [RLC-Action] Support McCain?!?!

  • Mr geoff broughton
    Message 1 of 56 , Jun 14, 2008
      you have to unsubscribe Michelle

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Michelle Murphy <mnmurphy@...>
      To: RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2008 6:38:14 PM
      Subject: Re: [RLC-Action] Support McCain?!?!

      Please remove me from this list.

      thanks,

      michelle murphy

      On Jun 14, 2008, at 1:21 PM, David Johnson wrote:

      Many of us Ron Paul supporters are getting active in their local Republican
      parties
      . Four local Ron Paul supporters, including myself, have run for and
      have likely won, a spot on the county central committee. I think we can avoid
      bitter discussion over foreign policy, because this is at the county level.

      But there is still the problem of McCain. The local party will expect us to
      actively campaign for all Republican candidates, including McCain. We had an
      announcement that the local GOP business meetings will be combined with the
      local McCain campaign meetings. I can handle the local and state candidates,
      but I can't stomach campaigning for McCain. It's not just his stance on the
      war, it's his big government attitude on everything else.

      I don't know if I can hold my breath all the way until November. Surely other
      RLC members have been in the same situation before. How did you manage to not
      campaign for Bush in 2000 and 2004?

      --
      David Johnson

    • George Blumel
      Message 56 of 56 , Jun 25, 2008

        The five points that Guy has given us below is the every essence of what I saw as the purpose and strategy for a Republican Liberty Caucus.  It is the reason I wholeheartedly joined and support the RLC.  None of us can be happy with McCain but that should not be the reason (excuse?) for not working as Guy suggests.  We’ve learned from the self-defeating antics of the LP and now have to guard against repeating any of them if we are to be more successful in achieving libertarian ends.   –Geo.