RE: [RLC-Action] Support McCain?!?!

  • Toby Nixon
    Message 1 of 56 , Jun 14, 2008
      I don't know what the situation is in other states, but here in our district
      in Washington, PCOs are expected to deliver literature for all Republican
      candidates. How "active" you are in campaigning beyond that is up to you.
      The party does want you to try your best to identify who are likely
      Republican voters and remind them to vote. If somebody were to ask you for a
      McCain sign, I assume you'd be willing to refer them to the party or
      campaign office, or maybe even deliver the sign yourself. But nobody is
      going to check up on you to see if when you talk to your neighbors in your
      precinct about the election that you're saying anything about McCain. Nobody
      is going to expect you to host a pro-McCain coffee in your house. Nobody is
      going to expect you to stand on a street corner or walk in a parade holding
      a McCain sign (but it would be nice to do so for one or more other
      Republican candidates). I think you have a responsibility to not talk McCain
      down, but you can be silent about him while helping promote other Republican
      candidates, and the party leadership is not going to know or care.

      -- Toby

      Message 56 of 56 , Jun 25, 2008

        The five points that Guy has given us below is the every essence of what I saw as the purpose and strategy for a Republican Liberty Caucus.  It is the reason I wholeheartedly joined and support the RLC.  None of us can be happy with McCain but that should not be the reason (excuse?) for not working as Guy suggests.  We’ve learned from the self-defeating antics of the LP and now have to guard against repeating any of them if we are to be more successful in achieving libertarian ends.   –Geo.