FW: RLC WSPQ Update

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2005
      The Advocates for Self-Government is compiling the list of winners of it's 2OO4 "Lights of Liberty Award", awarded annually to individuals who have performed any of the following in the calendar year...

      1.  Staffed World's Smallest Political Quiz tables on three separate days,
      2.  Written three letters to the editor mentioning the word "libertarian", or
      3.  Given three speeches to non-libertarian groups mentioning libertarian ideas.

      [Official criteria are given at their website.]

      I know of no other RLCers who have qualified for the award, but I'm sure you are out there[!]  I hope you will all go to the Advocates' website and nominate all RLCers you know of who may qualify...  This is a good opportunity for the RLC to get publicity for its work as well as to provide a well-deserved attaboy to our volunteers.

      Jeff Palmer - jap@...
      * * *
      Quote of the Week:  "A state too extensive in itself, or by virtue of its dependencies, ultimately falls into decay; its free government is transformed into a tyranny; it disregards the principles which it should preserve, and finally degenerates into despotism." -- Simon Bolivar, 1815