Re: Republican National Convention Booth

    Message 1 of 5 , May 12, 2008
      Posted by: "Jeff Palmer" jap1@...
      > ... A decision on whether to participate in the national
      > [GOP] convention has only been deferred.

      Correct. This CAN be organized, but Doug hasn't had
      any luck recruiting local volunteers and no one has
      expressed any interest in making the contacts, getting
      information, and making a proposal to the national board.
      I couldn't find any information at the official GOP
      2008 convention site, but did find:

      "Vendors interested in selling merchandise during the convention should
      email the Host Committee at vendor@...."

      ... still nothing specific on that site regarding the
      availability or cost of exhibit space either.
      So, the age-old question: who wants to change
      "we should do something" into "I will"? That should
      be someone who plans to attend and is willing to
      take responsibility.

      favorites at AOL Food.
    • Thomas Willenbring
      Message 2 of 5 , May 12, 2008

        I’m local to the Twin Cities and if the RLC decides to get a booth at the National Convention I’d be willing to man it part of the time…..

        email the Host Committee at vendor@msp2008. com."

        ... still nothing specific on that site regarding the
        availability or cost of exhibit space either.
        So, the age-old question: who wants to change
        "we should do something" into "I will"? That should
        be someone who plans to attend and is willing to
        take responsibility.

        Bill

        ************ **Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family
        favorites at AOL Food.
        (http://food. aol.com/dinner- tonight?NCID= aolfod0003000000 0001)

      • vince realrock
        Message 3 of 5 , May 13, 2008
          If we can get a booth, I'll fly up and help run it. I've been thinking about going so this will make my decision easier. Ron Paul has insinuated that he's going to being up to something at the RNC, one way or another. I'd like to be there for that and help the RLC too.

          Vince

          Less Government.
          More Liberty.
          RonPaul2008.com

          Get Free (PRODUCT) REDâ„¢ Emoticons, Winks and Display Pics. Check it out!
        • Chris Farris
          Message 4 of 5 , May 13, 2008
            If you're not a delegate, make sure to notify your state party you want
            to attend as a guest. Obviously security will be tight, and you might
            not be able to get in if your not on an approved guest list.

            Getting on that guest list probably varies state to state. I'm told all
            you need to do in Georgia is tell the state party you want to attend.

            Chris

            --
            Chris Farris chris at gopliberty dot org
            Chairman 404 806 1403
            Message 5 of 5 , May 15, 2008
              In Texas, you have to have a guest pass. I think the state party can issue a few, but each delegate has a guest pass or 2 they can give out.   I believe there is a certain alotment and when they are gone..they are gone.    If a delegate doesn't chose someone to use their guest pass by a certian date, that alotment is then returned to the state party to give em out.

              That's how it worked in Texas in 2004 when I was a national delegate representing Texas CD14!!!!
              Michael