Bob Tyrrell: Libertarian

    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2008
      The Mayor of London Who Would Be President

      By Bob Tyrrell

      I say [Boris] Johnson will be a salubrious force because I have known him since his tenure as editor of The Spectator. He brings to conservatism something it has lacked, at least on this side of the Atlantic [Great Britain], since the presidency of Ronald Reagan and the retirement of William F. Buckley. Frankly, it is my kind of conservatism: libertarian, admiring tradition, and employing government only in those areas where government is needed. After his stint in journalism (where he was superb), Johnson entered Parliament. There he was a Thatcherite, but with beneficent bacteria of skepticism, irony and subversion. [Click here for the full article.]
      The image “http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols2/tyrell.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.Bob Tyrrell

      Is Bob Tyrrell affiliated in any way with the RLC? If not, should someone have a chat with him? Perhaps he'd be a good contributor to our new blog. See his bio here.

      --- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! ---