RLC's very first Congressman may run for US Senate in NJ!

  • Eric Dondero
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 10, 2008
      In a stunning development, Dick Zimmer is now just days away from declaring for the US Senate against incumbent Democrat Frank Lautenberg.  The State GOP had found a millionaire candidate.  But after a week he dropped out.  Now Zimmer has been approached, and is telling the press that he's strongly considering it.

      Dick Zimmer was the very first United States Congressman to join the Republican Liberty Caucus in the early 1990s.  Fred Stein of Morristown, longtime NJ RLC Chairman was one of his original Campaign Coordinators.

      Zimmer racked up a very "Socially Tolerant" strongly Fiscally Conservative record in 8 years in the House.

      Full story at link at www.mainstreamlibertarian.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 10, 2008
        I hope all the RLC state eGroup moderators will ban
        Eric and delete his self-promoting posts, which are
        always wrong and always hysteric.

        ericdondero@... writes:
        > In a stunning development, Dick Zimmer ...

        Zimmer never joined the RLC, was never endorsed
        by the RLC, and is considering running against an RLC
        endorsed candidate, Murray Sabrin, who served as
        RLC Vice-Chairman for several years.

        > Zimmer racked up a very "Socially Tolerant" ...

        While in Congress, Zimmer never got a good rating
        from the RLC Liberty Index:

        http://www.republicanliberty.org/libdex/cg_legis.asp?key=zir01

        Just assume that all of Eric's facts are wrong and
        you won't be disappointed.