Re: [RLC-Action] Support the Troops
- I heard that packages addressed to "any soldier" were not being sent overseas for security reasons.
This, courtesy of the Ron Paul campaign...
Jeff Palmer - jap1@peoplepc. com-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 4:55 AM
A SPECIAL REQUEST TO RON PAUL GROUPS
Liberty items for the troops
This is Capt Joshua Tucker. I am currently stationed in Afghanistan. I would like to see if anyone has any Liberty-type items that they would like to send in care packages to the troops. I can receive the packages, unpack them and put them in spots where troops have access to them. Some items off the top of my head that you can send:
- Books: We have two areas where troops take and leave used books. We work long hours, but trust me, we still have some down time. If anybody wants to purchase Ron Paul's new book and send a few copies I will make sure they make it to the most highly transited break areas.
- Magazines: If anyone has any left over editions of Reason or anything of the sort I will put them in the break areas. I see people reading lots of magazines.
- Any Ron Paul/Liberty type literature: Slim Jims, business cards, pamphlets, copies of the Constitution. I can slip them into used books and put them in the break areas.
- Freedom type DVDs, shows, documentaries. "Freedom to Fascism" or "Why We Fight," comes to mind.- You can mix in basic toiletry items like small shaving gel cans, toothbrushes, etc.- Anything else you would like to send
When I talk politics to many of the guys, they have a libertarian view toward the world. But almost none of them knew of Ron Paul (a few knew of the Libertarian party). Most of them hate the idea of serfdom toward the government and most have large families with conservative/ libertarian mindsets.
I will be here for 3 more months. It takes approx 10 days for a package to arrive from the states.
Please use this exact address:
APO AE 09354-3005
Edit: Anything you want me to receive and place in break areas please send to the above address. But, if you would like, you can also send random care packages.
Just send them to:
APO AE 09354-3005
You can replace PRG 6-1 with 6-2, 6-3,6-4, 6-5, 6-6, etc and it will go to many different recipients.
Thanks for your time and energy
Who would Thomas Jefferson vote for?