Re: [RLC-Action] Step Aside, Florida...

  • David Shields
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21 5:55 PM
      Congrats Jeff. Truly exciting news!

      Dave Shields

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Jeff Palmer <jap1@...>
      To: RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com; RLC-National <rlc-national@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, March 21, 2008 4:06:21 PM
      Subject: [RLC-Action] Step Aside, Florida...

      … the *North Carolina* RLC is up and running!  ;>

      Spearheaded by the Triangle-Area (Raleigh/Durham/ Chapel Hill) RLC Meetup group which held its largest organizational meeting to-date last night, the North Carolina RLC approved bylaws, elected an interim Board, heard from our local congressional candidate (who's now a Board member), and increased its paid membership by more than 50%.  An NC RLC rechartering application will be submitted to national shortly.

      New members came all the way from Wilmington where the "Cape Fear Republican Liberty Caucus" has since been founded (see HYPERLINK "http://groups. google.com/ group/cfrlc"http://groups. google.com/ group/cfrlc) and promises to absorb the 150+ member Wilmington-Area Ron Paul Meetup group.  Seeds have also been planted for local RLC groups in Charlotte, Asheville, and the Triad (Winston-Salem/ Greensboro/ High Point).

      Interestingly, three of our new membersincluding one of our most promisingwere libertarian Republicans who just happened to being playing pool in the room where we were about to have our meeting.  When it rains, it pours!

      North Carolina has a delegate selection process separate from and parallel to our upcoming presidential primary and, as the state's Ron Paul movement has switched gears to the GOP "inside-baseball" that the delegate selection process entails, the RLC here has enhanced its reputation as the putative expert on the process and on working within the GOP.

      Jeff Palmer - jap1@peoplepc. com
      Treasurer, Republican Liberty Caucus
      ”Pursuing libertarianism within the GOP since 1990"
      (Formerly chaired by Ron Paul, the RLC is the natural vehicle for sustaining our movement beyond the campaign. Please Join!)

       * * *
      North Carolina RLC — HYPERLINK "http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/RLCNC"http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/RLCNC
      Triangle [NC] RLC — HYPERLINK "http://rlc.meetup. com/92/"http://rlc.meetup. com/92/
      Cape Fear [NC] RLC — HYPERLINK "http://groups. google.com/ group/cfrlc"http://groups. google.com/ group/cfrlc
      * * *
      Quotes of the Week: “The Republican Liberty Caucus does the real work of advancing limited government; you don’t just talk about it... What you do really makes a difference.” — Haley Barbour, RNC Chairman
      “I served in Congress for many years as an elected libertarian Republican. The RLC has proven to be effective in electing other libertarian Republicans to office.” — U.S. Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX)

      Checked by AVG.