Chartering an RLC-Wisconsin Affiliate

  • David Baumgardner
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2008
      Friends,

      Within the last few months, I have noticed complaints from various Ron Paul groups regarding our inability to endorse candidates, and come together to form a cohesive political unit in Wisconsin.  While I appreciate receiving e-mails and newsclips from everyone, I know you are, as I am, working diligently to help get liberty minded Republicans elected to office.   It seems, however, that we are disjointed in our efforts, and so loosely connected, as to be ineffective on a large scale.  We may not even recognize each other at a District Caucus or State Convention.  We, therefore, would pose little effect on District or Caucus rules or resolutions committees; allowing more authoritarian Republicans unopposed control.  It is time for us to become a caucus-in-effect and not just in name.

      I, therefore, propose that the the RLCWI form an affiliate, for the purposes congruent with the national RLC:  to seek out, vet and endorse liberty minded candidates; to solicit money for those candidates, to campaign for those candidates; to lobby for a liberty based Republican Party platform; to lobby for, and champion, the cause of liberty in the Federal and Wisconsin governments.

      For purposes of chartering we need ten, dues paid, national members (If you don't know if your dues are up to date, please contact Bill Westmiller at Westmiller@...).  You must be a member of the Republican Party, or at least not a member of a different party.  While I respect the Libertarian Party, and those of you work towards it ends, this is an official Republican organization.  Preferably, you are members of your respective county organizations and the RPW.

      You may nominate yourself for chair, vice chair, secretary, or treasurer, if you wish.  If you wish not to hold an office, that is fine, also. If you wish an ad hoc position such as web master, blogger or any position in which you hold special interest or talent, please specify that.  By fall of 2009, I hope to be General Counsel to the caucus, since I plan to have passed the WI bar and have a special interest in election law.  You get the idea...

      I also propose that we hold a state caucus this summer at Madison.  Please let me know when is good for you and we will be as accommodating as possible.  If anyone wants to help coordinate the particulars, place, food, ect..., please let me know.  I appreciate any help I can get.  Aug. 8-9, 2008 are bad for me as I will be at an election law seminar in St. Louis, MO.

      Anyway, please reply publicly through RLC Action or e-mail me privately at dpbaumgardner@hotmail.  Let's get this done!

      Yours in Liberty,
      David Baumgardner