RLC Convention Bylaws Proposals

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2008
      Officers and Members,
      The Board has approved consideration of three
      proposed Bylaws revisions for this year's convention.
      The votes and text of the resolutions are below.
      This is not "approval" of the proposals, only an
      authorization to consider them at convention under
      formal business. Discussion is welcome prior to the
      convention on RLC eGroups.

      Bill
      ===================================
      [delete] *add*

      Proposal 1:
      Rule 5. Candidate Endorsements
      Any candidate endorsement by the Caucus shall comply with the following:
      A. The endorsement of candidates for [federal office] *U.S. Congress* may
      be
      proposed by a majority vote of either the executive committee of the Caucus
      or the Chartered State where a candidate is to be elected. No proposal for
      endorsement shall be official or made public until it has been confirmed by
      majority vote of the other executive committee.
      C. Chartered State executive committees, or such body as the Charter State
      Bylaws specify, may endorse candidates for any state legislative seat or
      state
      [cabinet-level] positions, but endorsements of candidates for [state
      executive offices] *Governor* shall require the same confirmation as
      candidates for
      federal offices;

      Proposal 2:

      D. A [primary] candidate for President of the United States may [not] be
      endorsed by the Caucus [in the absence of] *by* a majority vote of the Board
      and
      [each] *3/4 of the active and voting* Chartered state’s executive
      committees.
      *The national Secretary shall notify all Chartered states of a favorable
      national board proposal for endorsement and state executive officers shall
      inform the Secretary of the approval or denial by their executive committee
      within 60 days;

      Proposal 3:

      Article VIII: State Charters
      Insert:
      Section 3: The Board may suspend or revoke a State Charter by majority vote
      whenever a Charter is shown to be in violation of its own, or National,
      Bylaws
      and Rules.

      Officers
      Chairman: Bill Westmiller - CA - westmiller@... - YYY
      Vice-Chairman: Phil Blumel - FL - pblumel@... - YYY
      Secretary: Thomas Sewell - UT - sharper@... - YYY
      Treasurer: Jeff Palmer - NC - jap@...

      Director At-Large
      Aaron Biterman - WI - aulibertarians@... - YYY
      Jerry Cameron - FL - came7337@...
      Richard Freedman - MA - rlc@... - YYY
      Bennett Kopp - AZ - bennett_kopp@...
      Dave Nalle - TX - graball@...

      Director Alternate
      Peter Bearse - NH - peterjamesbearse@...
      Mike Hewitt - MI - msh0118@...
      Robert Honerkamp - GA - robbie@... - YYY
      Ken Lindell - ME - rklindell@...
      Carol McGuire - NH - carol_mcguire@... - YYY
      Dan McGuire - NH - danmcguire@...
      Dan Rego - CA - danielrego@... - YNA

      In a message dated 2/12/2008 5:29:59 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      rlc@... writes:

      [X] Approve for consideration [ALL]
      [ ] Disapprove consideration
      [ ] Abstain
      ---------------------------------------
      In a message dated 2/13/2008 8:09:08 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      DanielRego@... writes:

      >Proposal 1:
      > [ X] Approve for consideration
      > [ ] Disapprove consideration
      > [ ] Abstain
      >Proposal 2:
      > [ ] Approve for consideration
      >[ X] Disapprove consideration
      >[ ] Abstain
      >
      >Proposal 3:
      > [ ] Approve for consideration
      >[ ] Disapprove consideration
      >[ X] Abstain
      ==============================
      In a message dated 2/22/2008 8:12:20 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      pblumel@... writes:

      Approve all for consideration. Thanks.
      In a message dated 2/22/2008 7:06:55 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      robbie@... writes:

      westmiller@... wrote:
      > Board,
      > I've only received two votes on the proposals for
      > convention business. At least five votes are required
      > for a quorum to approve consideration. If none are
      > approved and there are no further proposals, there
      > will be no "official business" at the convention.
      > For your convenience, you can vote on whether
      > to submit all three:
      > [X] Approve three proposals for consideration
      > [ ] Disapprove three proposals for consideration
      > [ ] Abstain
      -------------------------------
      In a message dated 2/22/2008 5:42:30 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      carol_mcguire@... writes:
      I approve all three for consideration

      Carol
      ==============================
      In a message dated 2/21/2008 10:03:12 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      sharper@... writes:

      For your convenience, you can vote on whether
      to submit all three:
      [ X ] Approve three proposals for consideration
      [ ] Disapprove three proposals for consideration
      [ ] Abstain
      In a message dated 2/22/2008 6:36:55 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, AU
      Libertarians writes:

      [ XXX ] Approve three proposals for consideration
      [ ] Disapprove three proposals for consideration
      [ ] Abstain

      Aaron

      2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)