Re: [RLC-Action] Fw: John T Conway, are you ready?

  • Dan McGuire
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 11, 2008
      "They are very aware of the "law" [the Constitution] and stay within its boundaries."

      That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.  My evidence is the Department of Education, Social Security, etc. etc.  What's yours?

      Dan

      On Feb 11, 2008 7:17 PM, John Conway <citizenconway1010@...> wrote:

          There you are wrong.  The sixteenth Amendment did not delete the clause in the Constitution that forbids the Congress from passing such a law.  They are very aware of the "law" and stay within its boundaries.  The Constitution forbids the Congress from passing a Bill of Capitation.  That is why there is no law in the IRS code (which isn't law)  that makes it mandatory to even file an income tax as a citizen of the United States.
          The present day income tax came from the "Victory Act' (1942) passed by Congress asking us voluntarily to keep records for two years so that we could pay a tax in 1944-45.  They made every employer and banker unpaid collection agents.  It is not a law today.
          We either have a constitution or we don't.  Without it, we have arbitrary rule.  Liberty is freedom from arbitrary rule.  Our constitution is the law for this Federal Government, not us.  Read it, study it, and raise hell if it is being violated.  Otherwise, let government enforce the rules and limits placed on it by our law.  Even pointing that out is is useless.  That is how far we have slipped since we set ourselves free from the tyranny of a King.
          I'm done with this.  I have been through it here before.  Do your own research!

      In Liberty,
      John Conway

      Republican Liberty Caucus
      "Pursuing libertarianism within the GOP since 1990"

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 11, 2008
        At 04:17 PM 2/11/2008, John Conway wrote:
        > There you are wrong. The sixteenth Amendment did not delete
        > the clause in the Constitution that forbids the Congress from
        > passing such a law. They are very aware of the "law" and stay
        > within its boundaries. The Constitution forbids the Congress from
        > passing a Bill of Capitation. That is why there is no law in the
        > IRS code (which isn't law) that makes it mandatory to even file an
        > income tax as a citizen of the United States.

        The 16th amendment superceded the previous text. Same thing happened
        with the 11th and 12th. The power to tax income is explicitly
        given. Sad, but true.
      • John Conway
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 11, 2008
          So you say.  Show me the supreme Court ruling on the sixteenth Amendment.
          Show me the clause in the IRS code that applies to a US Citizen.
          Show me the LAW that says I have to pay this tax.
              I told you that I am through with trying to explain this to government lovers all.  Do your own research, and if you can prove me wrong, do it!.  I don't care what you think, show me the facts.

          In Liberty,
          John Conway

          Republican Liberty Caucus
          "Pursuing libertarianism within the GOP since 1990"

          At 04:17 PM 2/11/2008, John Conway wrote:

          > There you are wrong. The sixteenth Amendment did not delete
          > the clause in the Constitution that forbids the Congress from
          > passing such a law. They are very aware of the "law" and stay
          > within its boundaries. The Constitution forbids the Congress from
          > passing a Bill of Capitation. That is why there is no law in the
          > IRS code (which isn't law) that makes it mandatory to even file an
          > income tax as a citizen of the United States.

          The 16th amendment superceded the previous text. Same thing happened
          with the 11th and 12th. The power to tax income is explicitly
          given. Sad, but true.

        • Daniel Rego
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 11, 2008
            At 06:09 PM 2/11/2008, John Conway wrote:
            >So you say. Show me the supreme Court ruling on the sixteenth Amendment.

            Brushaber v. Union Pacific Railroad
            Bowers v. Kerbaugh-Empire Co.
            Helvering v. Mitchell
            United States v. Tedder
            United States v. Richard
            Schiff v. United States
            Miller v. United States
            United States v. Stahl
            Knoblauch v. Commissioner
            United States v. Foster
            Broughton v. United States

            >Show me the clause in the IRS code that applies to a US Citizen.
            >Show me the LAW that says I have to pay this tax.

            http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/uscode26/usc_sec_26_00000001----000-.html

            And for your own edification, the text of the amendment:

            "The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes,
            from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several
            States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."

            Please apply your energy towards something that will actually aide
            the cause of liberty.
          • George Blumel
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 12, 2008
              Nothing will satisfy Mr. Conway as his mind is set on this issue. I have known others like Mr. Conway --one just got out of prison (If Mr. Conway wants to talk to him, I'll put him in touch) for espousing that same tax denial idea. But let's get on with our RLC task of reducing the tax burdens on freedom-loving Americans. We must work to eliminate the unconstitutional programs that are robbing us of our money and freedom, we must simplify the tax code and like that. To accomplish such goals we need to elect libertarians. Let's get practical.  -Geo
              At 06:09 PM 2/11/2008, John Conway wrote:
              >So you say. Show me the supreme Court ruling on the sixteenth Amendment.

              Brushaber v. Union Pacific Railroad
              Bowers v. Kerbaugh-Empire Co.
              Helvering v. Mitchell
              United States v. Tedder
              United States v. Richard
              Schiff v. United States
              Miller v. United States
              United States v. Stahl
              Knoblauch v. Commissioner
              United States v. Foster
              Broughton v. United States

              >Show me the clause in the IRS code that applies to a US Citizen.
              >Show me the LAW that says I have to pay this tax.

              http://www.law. cornell.edu/ uscode/uscode26/ usc_sec_26_ 00000001- ---000-.html

              And for your own edification, the text of the amendment:

              "The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes,
              from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several
              States, and without regard to any census or enumeration. "

              Please apply your energy towards something that will actually aide
              the cause of liberty.

              Checked by AVG Free Edition.