FW: Because of Your Leadership, Fox News Will Include Ron Paul in its South Carolina Debate

  • Guy McLendon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 11, 2008

      Sir,

      Thank you for including Ron Paul in the South Caroline debate.

      FYI … as a result of your wretched decision in New Hampshire , I compared Fox News to being akin to the old Soviet news agency Pravda.  If Fox does not repeat such transgressions against the American people again, I’ll refrain from making such assertions in the future.  Your job is to be good journalists … not to mold public perceptions to promote the welfare of established interests.

      One positive event happened as a result of your transgression in New Hampshire .  The ethical leadership in the New Hampshire GOP affiliate earned a very high regard from many members of the libertarian movement.  The independence of NH GOP leadership is to be admired.

      Sincerely,

      Guy McLendon

      Chair Harris County Libertarian Party

      Houston, Texas

      www.harrislp.org

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 11, 2008
        Guy, your reaction to Fox comparing them to the Soviets is yet another indication of the unreasonableness of Libertarians and why you don't get the respect that a libertarian would get for his ideas.  Fox made a rational decision and if you disagree you could do what many of us did do and ask them to reconsider and put your man on even if not a factor in the debates.  Which we did and they did.  Pravda? The only news station that is balanced in the US. They're attacked from the left for being conservative-leaning when studies of their programming show that there is a very even balance in their guests and time allowed to each side.  Be reasonable and respectful of others and you will get some respect, too.  -Geo.

[...]

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      • DJ Entropy
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 11, 2008
          Um, Fox is a private organization. They can exclude whomever they want
          from anything.

          --
          DJ Entropy

          "Education is useless without God and the Bible." - Noah Webster

          "[W]hen you mix Kool-Aid with bongwater... you get a Ron Paul supporter."
          - V the K

          A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Islam.