Ron Paul Can Win: BIG

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2007
          One of the resources that I intend to use for RLC PR in
      the future is Nolan Charts, whose RSS seems to be actively
      monitored by Google. Comments welcome.

      Ron Paul Can Win: BIG
      The shared crystal ball, scientific polls, and information strategy says Ron Paul’s campaign is a frivolous, quixotic, and impossible struggle. They’re all wrong.

      http://www.nolanchart.com/article440.html

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 10, 2007
        One of the resources that I intend to use for RLC PR in the future is Nolan Charts, whose RSS seems to be actively monitored by Google. Comments welcome. -- Bill

        I've been boosting the NolanChart/LiberGraph since 2000 in all my correspondence with media, especially when they keep using that tired old linear "left/right" model. I send messages to the sponsors of polls who give me a choice of points along that linear continuum, which never really has a place for the libertarian mind but tries to foist "moderate" or "centrist" on me instead. I really believe we must break the media of that lazy left/right model and get them using something more dimensional.

        The one issue I have with the Nolan Chart is that it is based on the World's Smallest Political Quiz, whose questions and answers may be changed at will by the Libertarian Party. They don't need to answer to us when they decide to make modifications, but if we base our models on the WSPQ, we risk the possibility of having our relative positions on the political matrix shifted without our knowledge or consent.

        I read the Wikipedia entry on the Nolan Chart and WSPQ and found some critiques of the system that need to be addressed. It is my opinion, however, that the matrix is far superior -- even if it has any valid complaints against it -- to the old linear model that the media refuses to abandon. If the WSPQ has any valid issues, then those should be hammered out and the matrix format adopted by the country at large.

      • John David Galt
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 10, 2007
          DGHarrison wrote:
          > The one issue I have with the Nolan Chart is that it is based on the
          > World's Smallest Political Quiz, whose questions and answers may be
          > changed at will by the Libertarian Party. They don't need to answer to
          > us when they decide to make modifications, but if we base our models on
          > the WSPQ, we risk the possibility of having our relative positions on
          > the political matrix shifted without our knowledge or consent.

          There is more than one version of the WSPQ, and the Advocates' version
          at http://www.self-gov.org/quiz.html is probably the best. At least
          they are non-partisan.