Re: Ron Paul Supporters - Action Alert

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 9, 2007
      Posted by: "Steven Burden" steve@...
      > I have to say that I think that Beck on CNN is an overall good thing.
          I agree. Beck honestly disagrees with Ron's perspective on
      "The War," but probably agrees with 90% of his other positions
      (and has said so). His *job* is to be outrageous, hysteric, and
      entertaining. He knows, as do his listeners, that his rant is an
      act, designed to get attention ... which means more viewers,
      more ads, more money for him. It isn't that he's "selling out,"
      only that he has to find an outlandish spin (some RP people
      are really "revolutionary") to get attention.
          Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if he "endorses" Ron Paul
      next month ... probably as the "lesser of eight evils."

    • Joe Liberty
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 9, 2007
        I've never seen his show and I never heard of him until he started criticizing Ron Paul.  I've read that Ron is going to be on his show in a fe weeks.  If so, I will probably tune in for that.  Otherwise I think I'll pass.

        > I have to say that I think that Beck on CNN is an overall good thing.
            I agree. Beck honestly disagrees with Ron's perspective on
        "The War," but probably agrees with 90% of his other positions
        (and has said so). His *job* is to be outrageous, hysteric, and
        entertaining. He knows, as do his listeners, that his rant is an
        act, designed to get attention ... which means more viewers,
        more ads, more money for him. It isn't that he's "selling out,"
        only that he has to find an outlandish spin (some RP people
        are really "revolutionary" ) to get attention.
            Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if he "endorses" Ron Paul
        next month ... probably as the "lesser of eight evils."

        Bill
        .

      • Steven Burden
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 14, 2007
          I was not saying we should support him, I was simply indicating that we
          should not attempt to get him thrown off CNN or his radio show. We risk
          much by looking extremely radical, and also lose a well know spokesman
          for a large portion of libertarian economic theory who is broadcasting
          to the 'enemy' camp.

          Last I heard, Ron Paul will be on his show (CNN) on Tuesday for the
          whole hour.

          --Steve

          --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, Joe Liberty <joe_liberty@...> wrote:

          > Apparently his "act" isn't working. See