Fw: URGENT S.1959 ACTION ALERT - - - please forward widely

  • John Conway
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 26, 2007
          They sense that we are on to their crimes, and they want to circle the wagons.  Of all the legislation they have passed curtailing our rights, this is the most dangerous.  If we don't stop this, we may be legally (no punishment) be murdered in our beds.  Please get this out, and take action.

      THIS IS AN URGENT ACTION ALERT:

      S 1959 "Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007" must be stopped at all costs.

      Pick up your phone today and contact your US Senator's office to instruct them to vote "NO" on S.1959.

      Click here for your Senators contact info:
      http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

      Full PDF text if the bill:
      http://tinyurl.com/3a3y2z

      If this bill is passed, and becomes law, your words and actions could be considered terrorism.  S 1959 EVISCERATES FREE SPEECH, and empowers the govt. to declare ANYTHING they deem an "extremist belief system", instantly make you a terrorist, resulting in stripping of US citizenship, torture, and/or execution, with no habeas corpus rights, no ability to challenge even in the US Supreme Court.

      Contact your Senator and let them know they will be looking for another job if they vote yes on this bill, which is now introduced into the Senate as S.1959 THIS BILL **MUST NOT** BECOME LAW, PERIOD.

      http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-1955
      http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s110-1959

      If this becomes law, your words could be considered "promoting an extremist belief system", and all they have to say is that you are using PLANNED OR THREATENED *FORCE* (DOES NOT HAVE TO BE VIOLENCE) --FORCE by exposing CORRUPTION, CRIMINALITY against "THE CIVILIAN POPULATION OF THE UNITED STATES, *****OR ANY SEGMENT THEREOF" READ THE BILL MANY TIMES AND VERY CAREFULLY--YOU ARE THE TERRORIST (WHICH MEANS THEY CAN STRIP YOUR CITIZENSHIP, AND HAVE YOU TORTURED AND EXECUTED).

      Senate is back in session today, do not hesitate, call, fax, email your Senator ASAP.

      Click here for your Senators contact info:
      http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

      Yours in Freedom and Liberty,

      Gary Franchi

      RTR National Director, www.RestoreTheRepublic.com
      Managing Editor, www.RepublicMagazines.com
      Founder, Lone Lantern Society of America, www.LoneLantern.org
      Host, Lone Lantern Radio, www.WTPRN.com

      Sent from:

      Restore The Republic, 3149 Dundee Rd #176, Northbrook, Illinois 60062

      To unsubscribe or change subscriber options visit:
      http://www.aweber.com/z/r/?LIysLMwstMxsDMwsjGzM

    • R. Kenneth Lindell
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 26, 2007

        This is just a commission.  It is certainly a concern, but I wouldn’t get too excited about it.

        -          Ken Lindell

[...]

        Error! Filename not specified.

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.

      • Toby Nixon
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 26, 2007

          I agree with Ken. I’ve seen a lot of email traffic expressing concern about this bill, but it is just a study commission. The idea that passage of this bill could result in anyone being “legally murdered in our beds”, and that it “must be stopped at all costs”, is ludicrous. Since the primary function of government is helping us to protect our lives, liberty and property, understanding how domestic terrorist groups come about, their methods of recruitment and growth, and how to protect the broad population in a way that is consistent with constitutional protections seems like a good idea. I *am* concerned about the breadth of the definition of “violent radicalization” and of “homegrown terrorism” in the bill, and would like to see it narrowed, but amending that definition should be easily accomplished by working with the bill sponsors and other groups concerned about civil liberties and freedom of expression.

                      -- Toby

        • DrTomStevens@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 26, 2007
            In a message dated 11/26/2007 4:19:03 AM Eastern Standard Time, citizenconway1010@... writes:
            THIS IS AN URGENT ACTION ALERT:

            S 1959 "Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007" must be stopped at all costs.
            "At all costs" -- Is anything out of bounds? Violence? Terrorism?

            Tom