Ron Paul Supporters - Action Alert

  • Guy McLendon
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 25, 2007

      Everyone,

      I’m currently a customer to TD Ameritrade, and called their 800# to find out what department could address my concern.  Their marketing department is responsible for advertising, and would be able to pull their sponsorship of the Glenn Beck show.  I just obtained their main switchboard number, and plan to call them during normal business hours.

      If enough people make *polite* calls to these company’s marketing departments, and explain they plan to pull their nest eggs out; then, we may get results.  I just called TD Ameritrade, introduced myself, and explained politely that I don’t plan to do business with a company that’s sponsoring a show which is calling me a terrorist.  Unless they agree to pull their sponsorship from the Glenn Beck show, I plan to relocate my nest egg to another online vendor.  If 1000 people each having $100,000 nest eggs threatens to pull out … that’s a withdrawal of $100,000,000 … enough to get a vice president’s attention.

      I suggest you scan over this list, and make similar calls to your vendors … asking them to pull support for the Glenn Beck show.

      Best regards,

      Guy McLendon

      ~$~

      To:  Companies Supporting Glenn Beck

      We, the undersigned no longer wish to purchase any goods and/or services from companies that support Glenn Beck in any fashion due to his inaccurate and improper association of Ron Paul supporters with terrorists. As peace, and liberty loving individuals we are outraged to be classed among those who would use violence and terror to accomplish their social and political goals. As we are not individuals that would use violence or terror to accomplish our socio-political goals we are making the choice to abstain from purchasing any goods and/or services from companies including but not limited to:

      http://www.lilly.com
      http://www.ustrust.com
      http://newscenter.verizon.com
      http://www.geico.com
      http://automobiles.honda.com
      http://www.lunesta.com
      http://www.garmin.com
      http://www.schwabbank.com
      http://www.josbank.com
      https://secure.bayer.com
      http://www10.americanexpress.com
      http://www.llbean.com
      http://www.tdameritrade.com
      https://www.progressive.com
      http://www.americaspower.org
      http://www.lincoln.com
      http://www.farmers.com
      http://www.glassdoctor.com
      http://www.walgreens.com

    • George Blumel
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 29, 2007
        We like Glenn Beck at our house and while we don't always agree with everything he says we think he is a very good addition to CNN --in fact, the only conservative there. What exactly did he say about Ron Paul? It is doubtful that he called Paul a terrorist.

        To:  Companies Supporting Glenn Beck

[...]

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      • Steven Burden
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 8, 2007
          George, Guy,

          I have to say that I think that Beck on CNN is an overall good thing.
          We listen to him here also, and although I do have a problem with his
          dismissive and derogatory comments about RP, in general we agree on
          about 75% of the issues he rants about.

          I think overall, the exposure he gives to classically liberal and
          libertarian concepts to an audience that has been insulated from them
          fairly completely is a good thing.

          Not necessarily the best thing for Ron Paul, but good for the long-
          term survival of the philosophy of freedom.

          So I have to beg off on this fight, Guy.

          --Steve

          --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, "George Blumel" <gblumel@...>

          WeThePeopleCoalition@yahoogroups.com ; RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com ;
          TGGCC@yahoogroups.com ; HCLP@yahoogroups.com
          > Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2007 5:53 PM
          > Subject: [RLC-Action] Ron Paul Supporters - Action Alert
          >

          > Everyone,
          >

          > I'm currently a customer to TD Ameritrade, and called their 800# to
          find out what department could address my concern. Their marketing
          department is responsible for advertising, and would be able to pull
          their sponsorship of the Glenn Beck show. I just obtained their main
          switchboard number, and plan to call them during normal business
          hours.

          > If enough people make *polite* calls to these company's marketing
          departments, and explain they plan to pull their nest eggs out; then,
          we may get results. I just called TD Ameritrade, introduced myself,
          and explained politely that I don't plan to do business with a
          company that's sponsoring a show which is calling me a terrorist.
          Unless they agree to pull their sponsorship from the Glenn Beck show,
          I plan to relocate my nest egg to another online vendor. If 1000
          people each having $100,000 nest eggs threatens to pull out . that's
          a withdrawal of $100,000,000 . enough to get a vice president's
          attention.

          > I suggest you scan over this list, and make similar calls to your
          vendors . asking them to pull support for the Glenn Beck show.

          > Best regards,
          >
          > Guy McLendon
          >

          > ~$~

          > To: Companies Supporting Glenn Beck
          >
          > We, the undersigned no longer wish to purchase any goods and/or
          services from companies that support Glenn Beck in any fashion due to
          his inaccurate and improper association of Ron Paul supporters with
          terrorists. As peace, and liberty loving individuals we are outraged
          to be classed among those who would use violence and terror to
          accomplish their social and political goals. As we are not
          individuals that would use violence or terror to accomplish our socio-
          political goals we are making the choice to abstain from purchasing
          any goods and/or services from companies including but not limited
          to:

          > http://www.lilly.com
          > http://www.ustrust.com
          > http://newscenter.verizon.com
          > http://www.geico.com
          > http://automobiles.honda.com
          > http://www.lunesta.com
          > http://www.garmin.com
          > http://www.schwabbank.com
          > http://www.josbank.com
          > https://secure.bayer.com
          > http://www10.americanexpress.com
          > http://www.llbean.com
          > http://www.tdameritrade.com
          > https://www.progressive.com
          > http://www.americaspower.org
          > http://www.lincoln.com
          > http://www.farmers.com
          > http://www.glassdoctor.com
          > http://www.walgreens.com

          11/24/2007 5:58 PM

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 9, 2007
            Posted by: "Steven Burden" steve@...
            > I have to say that I think that Beck on CNN is an overall good thing.
                I agree. Beck honestly disagrees with Ron's perspective on
            "The War," but probably agrees with 90% of his other positions
            (and has said so). His *job* is to be outrageous, hysteric, and
            entertaining. He knows, as do his listeners, that his rant is an
            act, designed to get attention ... which means more viewers,
            more ads, more money for him. It isn't that he's "selling out,"
            only that he has to find an outlandish spin (some RP people
            are really "revolutionary") to get attention.
                Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if he "endorses" Ron Paul
            next month ... probably as the "lesser of eight evils."

          • Joe Liberty
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 9, 2007
              I've never seen his show and I never heard of him until he started criticizing Ron Paul.  I've read that Ron is going to be on his show in a fe weeks.  If so, I will probably tune in for that.  Otherwise I think I'll pass.

              > I have to say that I think that Beck on CNN is an overall good thing.
                  I agree. Beck honestly disagrees with Ron's perspective on
              "The War," but probably agrees with 90% of his other positions
              (and has said so). His *job* is to be outrageous, hysteric, and
              entertaining. He knows, as do his listeners, that his rant is an
              act, designed to get attention ... which means more viewers,
              more ads, more money for him. It isn't that he's "selling out,"
              only that he has to find an outlandish spin (some RP people
              are really "revolutionary" ) to get attention.
                  Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if he "endorses" Ron Paul
              next month ... probably as the "lesser of eight evils."

              Bill
              .

            • Steven Burden
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 14, 2007
                I was not saying we should support him, I was simply indicating that we
                should not attempt to get him thrown off CNN or his radio show. We risk
                much by looking extremely radical, and also lose a well know spokesman
                for a large portion of libertarian economic theory who is broadcasting
                to the 'enemy' camp.

                Last I heard, Ron Paul will be on his show (CNN) on Tuesday for the
                whole hour.

                --Steve

                --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, Joe Liberty <joe_liberty@...> wrote:

                > Apparently his "act" isn't working. See