Law Of the Sea Treaty threatens US sovereignty: senate to take up soon

  • Steven J Burden
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2007

      All,

      Looks like we may be losing a bit more of our sovereignty very soon. Apparently, the Law Of the Sea Treaty (LOST) just received a 17-4 vote in the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, which means it will be headed to a floor vote soon. The white house is reported to support it (and what is new…)

      LOST was rejected by Reagan, and although slightly modified, it still abdicates a good bit of our sovereignty to a ‘independent’ court in Europe .

      Please contact your senators and the white house and urge rejection.

      You can also sign a petition here: http://www.grassfire.org/95/petition.asp?RID=13359044

      Some background links are here:

      http://www.heritage.org/Research/InternationalOrganizations/wm470.cfm

      http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=2567