Re:Ron Paul Quarterly Donation Goal - $1,000,000

  • AldermanD
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2007
      "Guess which one of them has gotten the most in contributions from
      > active military personnel?
      >
      > Uh...that would be Ron Paul.
      >
      > Think about why that might be. And make a donation for an end to
      > foreign military adventurism and hegemony."

      Might be a little bit of a leap in logic to suggest the military vote
      is going for Paul b/c of "adventurism and hegemony."

      This is purely anecdotal, but my Ron Paul supporter friends and I
      actually represent at least a few of his supporters in the military
      that actually do believe we can/should win in Iraq, but blame Dems
      and media for much of the dissolution of public support in this war.
      In the end, I'll speak for these guys and say we think even a
      Democrat will be forced to listen to their generals and adhere to the
      Powell principle of "You broke it, you fix it." Yes, I know this is
      not a popular position in this forum. Anyway, each one of us
      is more ticked off that we're seeing this country dole out
      entitlements, political favors, social security promises, universal
      healthcare, etc, etc, and aren't that sure that the rest of the GOP
      candidates mean what they say when it comes to disciplined spending.
      And as much as I personally love the F/A-22, I don't know one
      military officer not in the conventional Air Force that doesn't think
      that is a waste of money right now.

      Again, this is anecdotal, but at least illustrates what some of us
      military guys are thinking.
    • Michael Zimny
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2007
        You broke it you fix it? It's not ours to fix, the Iraqi's will do
        just fine without us.