Ron Paul Quarterly Donation Goal - $1,000,000

  • Guy McLendon
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2007

      Howdy,

      I just dropped another $250 into Dr. Paul’s campaign treasury for this quarter.

      http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

      Please dig deep, and give more.  The freedom you save may be your own.

      Guy McLendon

      Chair Harris County Libertarian Party

      Houston, Texas

    • TG
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 28, 2007
        Thanks, Guy.

        I gave again too.

        My friend Paul Henson has a very good Ron Paul site at http://www.paulforronpaul.com.

        At http://www.paulforronpaul.com/financial%20news.html he has a pretty sophisticated little applet that shows the contributions toward the $1M goal in real time.

        Since I donated yesterday, it's gone up about $200K in 24 hours. Is that cool or what?

        Two points that we Paul supporters need to make...none of these are corporate donations; they're all individuals.

        More importantly, look on Henson's financial page at the three "leaders," who have raised ten times as much.

        Guess which one of them has gotten the most in contributions from active military personnel?

        Uh...that would be Ron Paul.

        Think about why that might be. And make a donation for an end to foreign military adventurism and hegemony. I don't agree with all of his positions, but put this one together with his absolute stance against the War on Some Drugs,and what more of a litmus test do we need?

        --Terence Geoghegan

        "America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
        --John Quincy Adams, U.S. diplomat & politician (1767-1848)

      • AldermanD
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 30, 2007
          "Guess which one of them has gotten the most in contributions from
          > active military personnel?
          >
          > Uh...that would be Ron Paul.
          >
          > Think about why that might be. And make a donation for an end to
          > foreign military adventurism and hegemony."

          Might be a little bit of a leap in logic to suggest the military vote
          is going for Paul b/c of "adventurism and hegemony."

          This is purely anecdotal, but my Ron Paul supporter friends and I
          actually represent at least a few of his supporters in the military
          that actually do believe we can/should win in Iraq, but blame Dems
          and media for much of the dissolution of public support in this war.
          In the end, I'll speak for these guys and say we think even a
          Democrat will be forced to listen to their generals and adhere to the
          Powell principle of "You broke it, you fix it." Yes, I know this is
          not a popular position in this forum. Anyway, each one of us
          is more ticked off that we're seeing this country dole out
          entitlements, political favors, social security promises, universal
          healthcare, etc, etc, and aren't that sure that the rest of the GOP
          candidates mean what they say when it comes to disciplined spending.
          And as much as I personally love the F/A-22, I don't know one
          military officer not in the conventional Air Force that doesn't think
          that is a waste of money right now.

          Again, this is anecdotal, but at least illustrates what some of us
          military guys are thinking.
        • Michael Zimny
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 1, 2007
            You broke it you fix it? It's not ours to fix, the Iraqi's will do
            just fine without us.