Political Candidate Calculator

  • Karl Dickey
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 11 5:12 AM
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 12 1:14 PM
        RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com writes:
        Posted by: "Karl Dickey" kndicke@... kndicke
        http://www.vajoe.com/candidate_calculator.html

        An interesting "Match-Up" program. Of course, my
        top pick was Ron, but what's fascinating is the column
        on the right, showing that the people visiting this VA
        military site strongly support Gravel and Kucinich,
        who notably oppose the Iraq war.

      • michael franks
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 12 2:25 PM

          I was like 85% Ron Paul.  I noticed yesterday, if you change one answer on the war thing (forgot what it was now) it will pull up Tancredo all other answers being the same.

        • michael franks
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 12 2:42 PM

            Actually, I just re-did the questions again and kept a copy of my answers and the high-low importance selections.

            I came in 85% for Ron.   But, by changing just one of my answers to "Supporting the Iraq War" to yes from no..all else being the same, it choses Tancredo 87% as my pic.

            Which shows when Tancredo drops out, there would be a natural affinity for some of them to support Ron.   Basically, we need to be "friendly" to his supporters now, not "trash" Tancredo as he and Ron are friends btw to begin with.

            All other answers the same, but changing "No Child Left Behind" from no to yes, changed to Fred 84% ;)

            Who knows how this thing calculates or sets values or paramaters for calculating the candidates anyway?  but..its kind of fun to mess around with it.    A ban on assult weapons pulled up Hillary. haha

            Michael

            ps. I also noticed changing the same sex marriage answer from no to yes didnt' change my Ron Paul % at all, still at 85%, so again, who knows how this thing is set to trigger what candidate selection?