Nice plug for RLC on a major website

  • Eric Dondero
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 10 2:40 PM
      RLC Leaders, MA RLC,

      I managed to get in a nice plug for the Republican Liberty Caucus on a very highly traficked website - www.race42008.com

      It was about RLC supporting Mitt Romney for US Senate back in the 90's.  It's the headline story right now.

      Libertarian Republicans

      Fiscally Conservative, Socially Tolerant & Pro-Defense!

      For the latest libertarian political news http://www.mainstreamlibertarian.com

      Eric Dondero is a US Navy Veteran, former Libertarian Party National Committeeman, Founder of the Republican Liberty Caucus and fmr. Senior Aide to US Congressman Ron Paul R-TX.  He is now a national Republican Political Consultant based in Houston, Texas.

    • Marianne Stebbins
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 15 7:55 PM
        With Romney's health insurance mandates, fee hikes, etc., you'd think the RLC would want to quietly hide that history.

        It was about RLC supporting Mitt Romney for US Senate back in the 90's.  It's the headline story right now.

        Libertarian Republicans

        Fiscally Conservative, Socially Tolerant & Pro-Defense!

        For the latest libertarian political news http://www.mainstre amlibertarian. com

        Eric Dondero is a US Navy Veteran, former Libertarian Party National Committeeman, Founder of the Republican Liberty Caucus and fmr. Senior Aide to US Congressman Ron Paul R-TX.  He is now a national Republican Political Consultant based in Houston, Texas.

      • John Mitchel, LtCol, USAF (Ret
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 16 10:41 AM
          Eric,

          Although I'm not an RLC leader, I can think for myself, and I'm not buying what your selling.  There's a strong case that Mitt and Rudy are simply different wings of the same Neo-con bird of prey.  And the same might be said of Fred Thompson, but that probably doesn't matter as there's only one candidate that has a snowball's chance in hell of beating Hillary,
          and that would be your former boss.

          Cheers,

          John Mitchel
          LtCol, USAF (Ret)
          Greene County, OH GOP Central Committee

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 16 1:09 PM
            Posted by: "Marianne Stebbins" marianne@...
            > ... With Romney's health insurance mandates, fee hikes,
            > etc., you'd think the RLC would want to quietly hide that
            > history.

            An endorsement is never a guarantee that someone
            will not change in the future ... nor even that they will do
            what they say they will do in their campaign.

            I don't have an accurate historic record, but the RLC
            has endorsed many candidates who turned out to be
            "bad apples". That may include Romney, as well as
            Fred Thompson. It does include Brian Bilbray, Duke
            Cunningham, and John Doolittle of California [all were
            convicted of bribery], and Mark Foley of Florida [who
            resigned over youthful homosexual solicitations].

            I don't see anything useful in trying to "hide" the
            fact that endorsements were made *at the time* with
            the facts available. Certainly, the state and national
            boards that review candidates have never claimed
            infallibility or precognition. It is a "mistake" only in
            the sense that some people will use an illogical
            "guilt by association" to fault our prior judgement.
            If we limited endorsements to those candidates who
            are 100% with us ... and we were certain that they
            would always be with us ... we would never make
            ANY endorsement.

            Bill
            BTW: The site mentioned earlier does have a very
            interesting YouTube video of Rudy Giuliani on his
            prior (1996) position on immigration:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boTZVP0ZywQ

          • John Mitchel, LtCol, USAF (Ret
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 17 1:40 AM
              Interesting link, and although I haven't seen it in the mainstream media, you can bet the Dems will roll it out after the primaries, although it wouldn't be too effective against Dr. Paul.  Maybe his campaign should use it now?

              That was then, this is now...

              http://www.unfogged.com/archives/week_2007_08_05.html

              ************ ********* ********* ******** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at
              http://discover. aol.com/memed/ aolcom30tour