Re: [RLC-Action] To be fair to Dr. Paul; re: WSJ misleading article

  • Randy Kleine
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 14 7:58 PM
      Marianne,
      Jan Michaelson of WHO radio, Des Moines, interviewed Ron Paul.
      Randy Kleine, Milford, Ohio

      Marianne Stebbins <marianne@...> wrote:
      Yes, he votes against his own earmarks.  Ron Paul himself has said that.  Said it again in a Friday interview from Des Moines with someone whose name escapes me.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 14 8:01 PM
        On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, steven s. wrote:

        > Are you saying he votes AGAINST his own earmarks?

        Dr. Paul never votes for legislation unless the proposed measure is
        expressly authorized by the Constitution.

        This would include spending bills containing his earmarks.

        In addition:
        He has never voted to raise taxes.
        He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
        He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
        He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
        He has never taken a government-paid junket.
        He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

        He voted against the Patriot Act.
        He voted against regulating the Internet.
        He voted against the Iraq war.

        He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
        He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S.
        treasury every year.

        In his medical practice, he never took medicare or medicaid. His children
        went thru college (and some thru medical school) without using any
        Federally Guaranteed student loans.

        --
        Ron Paul for President
        The Taxpayers' Best Friend